1. Rumi said closed fists and outstretched palms were both signs of paralysis. I stare at my hands disappointedly. Is there where I start to die?
2. My love has always been a few syllables short of being your favourite poem. I’ve decided to stop writing altogether.
3. Ponds without ripples make me uncomfortable. I can only stand to see distorted reflections. The sky looks like it’s dancing.
4. Do artists feel less lonely when we applaud their sadness?
5. My friend’s brother killed himself without leaving behind a note. His family looks weighed down by apologies, none to give but one to receive.
تعكساك هزيمتك .6
your eyes mirror your defeat.
7. If you iron out human skin into a sheet, it’s enough to keep one person warm. I don’t think I am that person.
8. I will always be scared of crossing roads.
9. The first thing you will forget about me is my smile.
10. What if the shore is tired of the sea?